VRHAM! ACADEMY Open Call 2020
For the 2020 edition, VRHAM! Virtual Reality & Arts Festival is looking for students, emerging artists and creatives to participate in the international VRHAM! ACADEMY 2020.
The VRHAM! ACADEMY aims at students and young professionals in the field of Virtual, Augmented and Mixed Reality to facilitate the exchange between creatives from diverse backgrounds and countries. With the VRHAM! Academy 2020 we want to create an inspiring atmosphere for emerging talents to exchange their experience, see current artworks of international established artists and meet international experts within the course of the VRHAM! Festival opening weekend.
The Academy offers exclusive invitations, free entrance to VRHAM! Festival 2020 and the accompanying discourse program, meetings with international artists and curators as well as special functions exclusively designed for the participants, such as networking-events, guided tours with cooperation partners etc.
RULES FOR SUBMISSION VRHAM! RESIDENCIES
- The “VRHAM! Academy ” aims at students and young professionals (up to 2 years after graduation) in the field of Virtual, Augmented and Mixed Reality to facilitate the exchange between the aspiring artists from diverse backgrounds as well as networking with establishes artists and professionals in their respective fields. With the VRHAM! Academy 2020 we want to create a concentrated atmosphere where talents can exchange their experiences, see the current state of developments, get in contact with established experts, professional and educational institutions and artistic venues and thus to form a long-term stable network within the Hamburg and international XR-scene.
- The Academy includes an exclusive invitation to the VRHAM! Pre-Opening 2020 (4 June 2020) as well as the Grand Festival Opening (5 June 2020), free entrance to the exhibition of the VRHAM! Festival 2020 on June 5 to 7 2020, tickets for the live-performances, visits of the discourse-panels as well as special functions exclusively designed for the Academy-participants such as networking-events, guided tours with cooperation partner, etc.
- The detailed schedule will be confirmed and announced in time before arrival.
- Students invited to participate in the VRHAM! Academy 2020 will be chosen by the Artistic Direction of VRHAM! Festival.
- The accepted language for applications is German or English.
- There is no age restriction to join the VRHAM! Academy.
- The applicant must, at the time of the VRHAM! Academy, be enrolled at a university or equivalent institution or the applicants graduation must not date back more than two years.
- VRHAM! Festival e.V. will cover the expenses on site for the events stated in the schedule, including entrance ticket and costs for public transport in Hamburg. VRHAM! Festival e.V. will provide a basic catering.
- Covering the travel expenses to/from Hamburg and the expenses for accommodation during the VRHAM! Academy 2020 falls into responsibility of the applicant. The costs stated must be covered by the applicant, the applicants educational institution or a funding opportunity. VRHAM! Festival will support the application for travel and/or accommodation grants by official Letters of Invitation (LOI).
- If chosen for the VRHAM! Academy 2020, the participant has to take care of booking the travel and accommodation.
- The submission is only valid if the submission is submitted complete and within the deadline.
- The applicant has to attach a short letter of motivation (max. 2 pages) and a Curriculum Vitae regarding the participation in the VRHAM! Academy 2020.
Apply from March 2nd , 2020 until April 12th, 2020.