VRHAM! RESIDENCIES Open Call 2020
VRHAM! is looking for the most groundbreaking and innovative VR-/AR-/XR-projects in development to join our 2020 residency program.
Two creative teams (one international and one regional) of up to three persons each can (further) develop innovative works in the field of Virtual, Augmented and Mixed Reality art and 360° film as well as multimedia installations and performative formats, accompanied by renowned international mentors. The residencies will take place directly in advance of this year's festival so presentation of the works can be integrated into the opening weekend of VRHAM! 2020.
In cooperation with Filmförderung Hamburg Schleswig-Holstein in the course of the North Sea Interreg-Project Create Converge.
RULES FOR SUBMISSION
- “VRHAM! RESIDENCIES” aim at up-and-coming national and international artists for the (further) development of innovative working methods in the field of Virtual, Augmented and Mixed Reality art and 360° film as well as multimedia installations and performative formats. The residencies will take place directly in advance of this year's festival (5 days within the period 31 May until 4 June 2020). Two creative teams of up to three persons each can (further) develop innovative works in the field mentioned above and will be accompanied by renowned international mentors. The presentation of the works will take place during the opening weekend of VRHAM! 2019 (05 to 8 June 2020).
- Projects invited to participate in the VRHAM! 2020 Residency will be chosen by the Artistic Director of VRHAM! Festival together with the Filmförderung Hamburg Schleswig-Holstein.
- The accepted language for submissions is German or English.
- There is no age restriction to join the VRHAM! Residencies.
- A work status of the residencies will be displayed during the 2020 festival opening weekend for a public audience.
- The appropriate form of presentation will be decided in mutual consultation between the team and the festival management.
- VRHAM! Festival e.V. will cover travel expenses, accommodation and meals of the creative team (max. 3 persons) for the period specified in the invitation. Furthermore VRHAM! Festival e.V. will provide appropriate workspace, a mentor for the artistic development as well as technical (VR) equipment according to prior arrangement.
- The submission is only valid if the submission is submitted complete and within the deadline.
- The submitting team has to attach a detailed concept paper of the project they would like to (further) develop during the residency (max. 12 pages; feel free to add images, moods, videos of past works).