VRHAM! Virtual Reality & Arts Festival
VRHAM! is the first international Virtual Reality & Arts Festival. Since its first edition in 2018, VRHAM! has established itself as an important date in the international VR art scene. The festival is a platform for extraordinary national and international artists who are literally exploring new dimensions.
From 5 to 13 June 2020 VRHAM!’s third edition will take place at Hamburg’s Oberhafenquartier.
For the 2020 program VRHAM! is looking for the most innovative artistic VR, AR and XR experiences.
VRHAM! Open Call 2020
We accept artistic Virtual, Augmented and Mixed Reality projects. Installations, 360° films, performances or interactive works – we are interested in new narratives, unconventional approaches and unusual artistic positions as well as your idea for the physical presentation of your project.
Submit your work from December 5, 2019 until February 9, 2020.
As part of the Grand Festival Opening on 5 June 2020 our jury of international experts will award the winner of the VRHAMMY! Award (5,000,- Euros prize money). The artists’ presence is kindly requested.
VRHAM! is the first international Virtual Reality & Arts Festival, offering artists an international platform on which to present and create. For the 2020 program VRHAM! is looking for the most innovative artistic experiences. We accept artistic Virtual, Augmented and Mixed Reality projects as well as multimedia installations and performative formats. We are interested in new narratives, unconventional approaches, unusual artistic positions and also your idea for the physical presentation of your project.
RULES FOR SUBMISSION
- For the VRHAM! Program 2020 VRHAM! is accepting artistic Virtual, Augmented, and Mixed Reality Experiences as well as multimedia installations and performative formats.
- Works invited to participate in VRHAM! 2020 will be chosen by the Artistic Director to his sole discretion. The selected works will be displayed during the 2020 festival for a public audience.
- The duration of the submitted projects should not be longer than 15 Minutes. Exceptions can be made by prior arrangement.
- The release date should not be prior to January 2019. Any project that is still a work-in-progress must be completed by 01 May 2020 the latest. Exceptions can be made by prior arrangement.
- The accepted language for submissions is German or English, or original language with German and/or English subtitles.
- All selected experiences shown within the Main Program of the festival are applicable for the awards.
- There is no age restriction to join the competition.
- Please apply for the Open Call only via https://vrham.submittable.com/submit. The submission is only valid if the submission is submitted complete and within the deadline.
- Please submit your files in the following format:
- 360° videos: Maximum file size 2 GB; in H.264; 30 to 60 FPS; a resolution of min. 3K
- Executable VR experiences: Maximum file size 2 GB; min. stable 45 FPS (preferred 60; up to 90 FPS) on OS Windows, Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 or equivalent
If your experience can’t be viewed via one of our accepted VR headsets (Oculus Go, Oculus Quest, Samsung Gear VR, HTC Vive Pro/Cosmos, Oculus Rift or similar) or if you are facing problems regarding the above-mentioned format, please drop us a line.